January 2, 2015

PROGRESSO SOUPS ll


12/17/14 - Chickarina - Possibly one of Progresso's top sellers because I don't think any of the major canned Soup companies produce an item quite like this.

Meatballs, Chicken, Celery, Carrots and Pasta in a Chicken Broth. I found there to be too much Pasta in my serving but still a great one and of course don't forget the Grated Cheese of which like Italian Wedding Soup reviewed below Romano Cheese is amongst the ingredients listed.


1/3/15 - Italian Wedding Soup - This Looks Fantastic with Meatballs, Spinach, Carrots and Tubetinni in Chicken Broth. Very similar to Chickarina but I'm going have to give this one the edge, less Noodles but sometimes I don't want so many Noodles and the Spinach really helps. Now I will add some Grated Parmesan, Wedding Soup contains Romano Cheese but you can never have too much can you.


1/5/15 - "Light" Zesty Southwestern Style Vegetable - Big Chunks of Carrots and Red Peppers and of course the Corn is always a nice touch, the Broth is slightly Zesty but could use more Zing in my book. The Black Beans and Celery also give it a nice touch but kind of Bland and I was in the mood for a Meatless, Noodless Soup. The Ingredients also read Tomatoes and Green Sweet Peppers.

Well it is part of the "Light" line, not Bad but not Great.






No comments:

Post a Comment