January 12, 2015

SPICY MELA INDIAN CUISINE - Long Island City, New York


I was in an alien neighborhood this morning, I mean there weren't actual extraterrestrials there but I mean to say the neighborhood was alien to me. On the way to the train I spied a hole in the wall take out place boasting a $1 Samosa, well I am a sucker for Samosa's, after all they don't call me Samosa Sam for nuthin'.

Of course rarely having Indian Food these days I had to get more than just a Samosa. Pictured above is Chicken Tikka Masala, Chili Chicken and plain Basmati Rice ($7) with two helpings of Tikka Masala sauce (I got a third helping on the way out with my leftovers) and the food was indeed passable but not nearly as good as a sit down restaurant but I was still happy.


And a Samosa shall lead us.

My first choice is the Meat Samosa but they only serve Vegetable ($1) so Vegetable it shall be, available with a choice of two sauces, Sweet or Spicy and I went for the Spicy. Decent Samosa but nothing I had was even vaguely Spicy, let us see how the leftovers fare.

Addendum - The leftovers fared well, all gone now.


Top Row (L to R) Chicken Curry, Paneer (Indian Cheese) Tikka Masala, Vegetable Tikka Masala, Zucchini Curry
Bottom Row (L to R) - Chili Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, ?, Cauliflower



No comments:

Post a Comment