August 30, 2014

LENNYS PIZZERIA 8/28/14 Brooklyn, New York


Lenny's Pizzeria is a mainstay along the 86th street strip running between 18th avenue and Well past Bay Parkway and have been around since 1953 yet their name never comes up amongst enthusiasts of Brooklyn's remaining Great Pizza places and perhaps for a reason. I did in fact Very Much enjoy my Plain Slice from Lenny's but it was No Biggie, I did appreciate the Cheese which was a bit gummier than other joints and in a good way, However, Nothing special.

Almost a typical Slice as it goes these days, I have yet to try other goodies from Lenny's but the Simple Slice is the way to go when checking out the pedigree of a Pizza Place. Someone dropped the ball, Very Good but Not Excellent.


Lenny's reputation was transmogrified by the fact that in the opening scene of that John Travolta film "Saturday Night Fever" he was in the place and made his own Pizza Pie by Squishing two slices togeher Sauce side down and created the Stuffed Pizza in one fell swoop, amongst friends we all disagree but this is how Pop Culture saw it first.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, the pizza is looking delicious and I would love to try it once. Well, I am a planner and I keep organizing small events in NYC and for that I need to hire places like this. So can you tell me, if this place is available for hiring or not?

    ReplyDelete