August 24, 2014

"FREEZE YOU CHILI CHOKING PEPPER BELLIES" - TACO IN A BAG


As my tenure of seasonal employment at MCU Park drew to a close this Summer of 2014 I kept in mind the Edible riches that I was afforded as an employee and my employers were quite generous in their offerings, Eat what you shall (within reason of course) before or after the customers arrival and departure to the venue, after all who needs or wants to be paying a cashier who has a Hot Dog hanging out of their mouth.

I lied awake numerous nights pondering this and then one morning in my sleeping wake I had a "Eureka" moment and the light bulb 5 inches above my head went off.

OF COURSE !!!

CUCHIFRITOS.

Well, Turns out CuchiFritos is something else entirely (Spanish Pork Dishes of varying nature) but I knew what I was thinking name unseen, I wanted to make a Pepper Belly, after all we had Gehl's Cheese Sauce and Chili on tap which the leftovers could not be re-used and they went the way of the wastebasket at the end of the night. I did some research prior to my workday only to find that the "Taco In A Bag" was also known as a "Pepper Belly" and to add to that my oft used line from one of my Favorite films "Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke" was where this line was derived from, the title of this entry "Freeze You Chili Choking Pepper Belly" is a Direct reference.


First you need a Bag of Frito Lays Corn chips, This is what all Recipes call for, Dipsy Doodles or some such Do Not come into play here so I searched 4 stores at which on the third one I did find Frito Lays Corn Chips, I saw Dipsy Doodles at store one and passed them by. 

The main idea is Chili and Cheese atop the Corn Chips IN THE BAG eaten with a fork. Many toppings are used in variation but the main idea is Chili and Cheese atop the Corn chips IN THE BAG. 

This as you can see I did accomplish. She may not be pretty but she was Delicious





No comments:

Post a Comment