August 11, 2014

DIRCK THE NORSEMAN - Brooklyn, New York (The Williamsburg Island)


WOW, OK you usually go to a Biergarten for Beer and Dirck's has an in-house Brewery. More on their Delicious Brews after because this Food was just Outstanding and Im not kidding you. 

Nestled in Deep, Dark Williamsburg Brooklyn is a newish Biergarten and while the place was packed and doing booming business there were also many parking spots right on the block so looks to me like a spot in its infancy. Also when you enter a Biergarten its all about the Beer and their microest of micro breweries concluded the fact to me that there is magic abound however when the Beer takes a back seat to the Food on offer there are many questions to be answered.

The Brisket of Beef pictured above, I have to pause. next paragraph.

Lets start with the Pickles, Very Simple. its Pickles with just a garnish of Dill and Red Pepper Flakes, powdered atop, its Special Now and simplicity rears its formidable head.

The Brisket, OK Well. I went to slice a piece off and as with any Brisket of Beef worth its Salt, it fell apart, You can't even cut it. The Highest Quality and I am speaking from the taste point as well. I mean this was just unbelievable and ridiculously Great, I don't recall what the side sauce was but it did compliment greatly, however one does not concern themselves with the sauce so much when the Brisket is this good and I am a saucy kinda guy.


The Dircks Sausage, I have no words, this is the kind with Orange Peel which never truly yanked me towards it but it was so subtle, Absolutely Glorious. Halved Lengthwise and Grilled which is always Fabulous, the Lemon wedge drizzled atop only enhanced. In the background is a Plate of Wonderful Calamari.


Chicken Schnitzel. Where they get these Huge cuts of Meat pounded down before Breading or not is beyond my understanding. I suppose they are breeding 500 pound Chickens somewhere.

"Boneless Chicken ? How Did It Walk ?"


The Beers came in many varieties, I chose a smoky one (Grodzisk Wloko) but the Sour one was out of this world (Half Wit). I must reiterate here that while these were in house Beers of the highest quality that they took backseat to the Food which is quite unheard of indeed.


And an out of this world Beer menu.


ENTRY TWO


11/19/14 - The return visit and as we had some idea what we were in for it was a most exciting endeavor, we all agreed wisely to order some different items as well as the faithful dishes that wowed us the first time around. The Dirck Sausage and the Chicken Schnitzel were absolutely to be had again and on my first visit I was most impressed with the 11 Hour Smoked Brisket. Everything was up to par but the Brisket while Delicious was not quite befitting the standards from our previous visit.

Pictured above was a last minute newbie item we ordered just for the heck of it and it wound up being a Huge Winner, who knew that Mushrooms could be so Amazing. This is the Sauteed Mushrooms in Smoky Bacon Stock which were served with a few Slices of Texas Toast and we couldn't keep away nor could we stop Sopping up the Gravy with the Slabs of Toast and this was after a few Beers and some serious Entrees that we shared.


This is a little plate I made for myself after we could pontificate on the Food we just inhaled. On this plate is the Dirck Sausage of yore as well as a Goosefat Dill mini Potato, Chicken Schnitzel and a piece of Fish from the Fish & Chips Platter (my memory eludes me concerning what kind of Fish). A simple thing like Dill and Goosefat does indeed a difference make.



Fish & Chips with Malt Vinegar au natural lighting.


Psychedelic Fish & Chips with Malt Vinegar.


The Daily Menu, Daily Specialties are on a dry erase board by the kitchen.




No comments:

Post a Comment