August 7, 2014

PACOS TACOS - Brooklyn, New York


The third sentence below was my first initial entry to this posting however I must add that Pacos Tacos is not unknown in my book, I Loved this place from nearly 20 years ago when they had a "hole in the wall" location across the street from the Kings Plaza mall so was hoping for the consistency in  quality of the Deliciousness from this "Santa Fe" style Mexican Eatery which is exactly what I got. One Paco Taco ($4.99) and my Beloved Salchipapas in this case "Chorizo Con Papas" ($3.99) was my order, to see basically Salchipapas (Hot Dogs and Potatoes) on the Menu was a Joy.

I had my Food delivered which I rarely do and this is what happened.

My first impression was the lightness of the package, not entirely surprising as I basically got 2 Appetizers, still most excited. OK Its Taco Time.

Well, The Apple Cart was almost upset here, I just called the restaurant as I panicked realizing I did not get part of my order, they did confirm to me that both orders were in the same container, we shall see. Certainly looks good though.

No, I think they Effed up the order, looks like I got 2 Paco Tacos.

This Is SO Delicious.


In Pacos Tacos fashion they did not screw my order up at all, they just threw me a curve ball as it were, looks can be deceiving and one must never assume.

What actually went down is that I Did get my Chorizo Con Papas but they wrapped a Flour Tortilla around it confusing my perception, it was Tacoed and was gingerly nestled next to my Paco Taco (Beef, Beans and BBQ Chicken). First the Paco Taco description of course it being the Restaurants namesake.

All I could taste through my tears of Deliciousness mostly was the BBQ Chicken which can only be likened to Pulled Pork but of the Chicken kind, the other Ingredients were there of course but it was a Taste fest all around, I had about two thirds then investigated Taco 2.

Taco 2 appeased my worries immediately as I was met with plenty of Chorizo and Potato.

Their Chef(s) must be some kind of Geniuses.

All of this on a small bed of Nacho Chips to the side, sure Nacho Chips are Great but they serve a Greater purpose herein, you have Crunchy goodness to sop up your Taco droppings which is inherent to the experience, and what an experience.

Godspeed Pacos Tacos.



11/13/14 - Grilled Chicken Chimichanga (with Bacon) ($14.48) - This was Delicious but I was somehow disappointed, also looking in detail it was two bucks extra to fry it and two forty nine for the Bacon. Maybe I stick with the Tacos.

How they Dont have a Website is beyond me But OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment