August 20, 2014

INTERESTING SOFT DRINKS


The Soft Drink. People Worldwide indulge in them but sometimes there are unique Flavors and when there are I am always intrigued. I did perform these Taste tests with some forethought, out of the bottle Ice cold and a small serving in a cup at a less than icy temperature as the Flavor comes out a bit more much like a Cheese served at closer to room temperature.

Sidral Mundet Apple Soda tastes pretty much exactly like I thought it would,... like Apple Soda. A little on the sweeter side and not too much Fizz to distract from the Flavor like in a Ginger Ale as I perhaps expected. Better from the Bottle, quickly loses its carbonation in the cup.


12/14/15 - So far as I know a "Shirley Temple" os a non-alcoholic drink served in bars to minors and tea totallers so when I saw this bottled by the Boylan company of New York it did indeed pique my interest, this has also been sitting in my fridge for some time so time to give it a shot. I have no idea what to expect.

Almost a biting Ginger Ale flavor which I did not expect, this looks in color as a syrupy Sweet Drink. Quite unlike anything I've had, almost medicine but not in a bad way.
Very Different.





I was quite excited fro see this, Canada Dry makes my favorite Ginger Ale and this appears to be a Peach Soda, no mention of Ginger Ale on the bottle. 

Nice Scent and interesting Flavor but there is something here, hmmm ???

I think its the Peach Skin flavor, Different.


The Lipton's Green Citrus Tea is just plain Delicious and I would have told you the same years ago when I first had it and I will tell you again. Mild Green Tea Flavor with a Citrus overtone, I was also impressed that I could see little flakes of Tea floating around in the mix, either that or I was hallucinating. A True Winner.


10/3/14 - Not ten minutes before did I mention I was looking for Lipton Citrus Green Tea and there I was with Nestea Green Tea right in front of me, lets have a Taste.

Oh Boy, Not the same stuff at all like Lipton's. Overbearing Citrus and plastic Flavor, no way am I going to like this as much as Lipton's. OK now that I know what to expect let me try again. Nope, I tell you theres a plastic taste, the sad part is thats probably the Green Tea.

Its about an hour later and I had a few more sips of it, This is so not so good that I am wondering if it has gone bad ? I'm going to the fridge to check the date. The bottle did not appear tampered with as there was air pressure, well you know what I mean, going to check the date. I can't read it, the month is completely smudged off, it does say 2014 though, ugh.

21 HOURS LATER

OK, I found another bottle of Nestea Citricos Iced Green Tea, Lets see what happens,..... While this is still no match for Lipton's version this is quite good and whatever I purchased last night was indeed spoiled.


11/11/14 - Just a Really Good Lemonade, Heavier on the Raspberry side.


11/19/15 - Salvavidas Lime Soda sets out to achieve what it purports to be.

It's a Lime Soda.

And served in a particularly heavy glass bottle.

It is interesting to note that there a quite a few Mexican Lime Soda's but no American one that I know of. Sprite doesn't count, thats Lemon/Lime.


11/19/15 - Mountain Dew with a classy old timey look.

More of a 7-Up flavor and not nearly as Sweet as Mountain Dew, I can almost guarantee this is off the market already. Not Bad, Not Great.


11/26/15 - 


11/27/15 - 


11/22/15 - Crush Orange Soda made with Sugar. 
less Super Sweet than Sunkist and a welcome that is.



12/14/15 - My roommate is from Michigan and he spied this bottle in my fridge and was rather surprised but he did confirm my suspicion that it is a Grapefruit Citrus based Soft Drink and I have indeed been on a Grapefruit kick. Made with Sugar.

The lightness of a 7-Up or Sprite but with a bit of a Grapefruit zing, very tasty.


12/17/15 - Just a quality Strawberry Soda, not the most common Flavor yet not extremely common either. All Jarrito's Soda's are quite good in my opinion. Made with Sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment