December 19, 2013

KOSHER SNACKS & KNOSHES


My cohort Sean gained me employment at Apex Locks (Not Lox)  on 13 avenue I believe, We have discussed this (the exact whereabouts) and as the years go rolling by this has all become quite cloudy.

Anyway !!!. We worked there as two white Italian-Irish boys in a completely Hasidic Jewish neighborhood, no problem with us but when the Lunch Bell rang or there was 2 minutes to grab a snack a Ham & Cheese Sandwich was not available. We learned of the Bagel with a Schmear (and Slice of Tomato) and of Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges with a Bite of Bagel, we also learned of the Kosher end of Crunchy Snacks available. Sure they had Wise at the Noshery but also other brands and flavors unknown to us. I was looking for Falafel Wheels but could not locate them, however I did find Pizza Wheels (see above) which were the same texture and shape.


These Tri-Crunch Corn Snacks were Spicy indeed and quite Salty too.


When you can't find a Falafel Wheel a Falafel Bit will have to do, These were Tasty and super Crunchy.


The very airy Corn Pop, I made the mistake of getting the Reduced Fat version. Pretty Good and I could see one getting addicted to these.


Jamies hand smashing the very airy Corn Pops.


A couple of six packs of Kosher non-alcoholic Beer which leads me to the question is there a Kosher Alcohol Beer ? and what would it be called ? Moishe's Malt Liquor, Dradle Draft, Abraham's Ale ? 


To my delight I spied a frozen Knish sporting the "Mom's" moniker. Often for Lunch Sean and I would venture to "Mom's Knish's" for a Tuna Fish Pizza Knish of which there is literally No Info available online. The Pizza Knish is quite popular but not a scent of the Tuna Fish Pizza Knish anywhere. I plan on making my own but have to find just the right Knish and this might fit the bill but that is a whole other Ball of Matzoh. More on that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment