December 10, 2013

DA VINCI PIZZERIA 12/7/13 Brooklyn, New York


Above is the photo that almost started a Facebook War between Jamie's Da Vinci Pizzeria's fan page and the Official Da Vinci page. Jamie was there first by about,... OH,.. Four Years and the management at Da Vinci was well aware and grateful for her page but an inside party decided to start an "Official" page years later. Jamie received a "cease & desist" notification but wisely stood her ground. What happened was that the Da Vinci "Official" page shared Jamie's pic which I took as I do in FOODish situation's (as you can see via this BLOG) But then got their Garlic tied up into a,.... well,.. A Knot

Pictured above is the Historic, Revered and Classic Da Vinci "Square", Never to be beaten and only possibly to be equalled, and I say possible just to be fair. Unbeatable and Scrumptious, This was right out of the Oven, a Side Slice for Jamie and that rare and elusive center Slice for me.


I became adventurous this afternoon and decided I wanted more than just a few "Square's" so ordered a Stromboli. Heavens to Betsy, Is that a Microwave Oven they are using !!!, I looked upon in awe and disgust. Well,.. there is a method to the madness, Da Vinci heats up the refrigerated (for freshness sakes Man!!!) Stromboli briefly and then pops her into the Oven for proper Crispness and Baked Goodness.

Not the best Stromboli I ever had (and Jamie pointed this out Ingredient wise) but still mouth watering and most Tasty. Da Vinci's Stromboli contains Sausage, Genoa Salami (I want to say Pepperoni but it was not), Peppers, Onion and Mozzarella Cheese wrapped in a Doughy Goodness.

And check out that half Eaten square in the background.


Put your Stereoscopic Glasses on and you will see in-depth Stromboli, Coke, Jamie.


How often have I considered stealing one of these containers from those Slum Lord Pizzeria's !!!

Never would I and for many differing reasons. From Brooklyn to Bogota I shall not.

1. It's wrong, It's just wrong, I mean like against humanity sir.

2. They probably have a dozen jars stored in the back room (in case one breaks) but who am I to wrinkle their progress, Hell, they might decorate their Christmas Tree during the holidays and I would not want to be responsible for leaving green bulb # 14 without a neighboring condiment dispenser alongside.

3. KARMA and its ever reaching tentacles.

4. I can just buy a plastic jar of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes at the Supermarket which will last me years.

5. And Jamie showed me this (see below).


As a paying customer I am entitled to Fresh Vacuum packed (I surmise) packets of Red Pepper Flakes included amongst the price of Admission.



No comments:

Post a Comment