December 25, 2015

CHRISTMAS 2015


'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house the smell of frying filled the air as MSG looked for a mouse.
The Salmon was stored by the Butter Dish with care while the Broccoli Rabe just Simmered there.

This year (2015) I decided to prepare Christmas & Christmas Eve Dinner myself (with help from Christina) and while everything wound up fine there were pitfalls.

The Pan Seared Salmon was slightly underdone and had to be finished off in the oven, at one point my burners decided they wanted to stop working and I had to relight them mid-cook, I added the Crushed Tomatoes to the Pan BEFORE Cooking the Garlic in EVOO Twice !!! and I decided to use my electric hand mixer after all since I was running late and left the skins on the Potatoes except I couldn't find the plug for said hand mixer and hand mashed after all.

Other than that which isn't actually much to worry about everything came out Great if I must say so myself ' we did have Christmas.


12/24/15 - Christmas Eve - Pan Seared Salmon with Broccoli Rabe and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.


Christina and I are both Garlic Nuts (and knots) but next time we will have to use even more.

A Bulb & a half was added to the Broccoli Rabe and a half bulb for the Garlic Mashed Potatoes which was cooked in an unsalted Butter and Milk Sauce which I had to eyeball for quantity levels and it came out just right.


Christina's Salmon with Broccoli Rabe and Baked Sweet Potato.


Even MSG got into the holiday spirit and we discovered she enjoyed Broccoli Rabe stems, yes indeed a strange cat.


After Midnight and it was Officially Christmas so the appetizers came out, wait isn't that supposed to be the other way round.


12/25/15 - Christmas Day - Chicken Parmigiana with Penne and Sauce, Yes of course I used a Ton of Grated Cheese but only after this photo was taken.


Christina's Chicken Cutlets and Penne with Sauce on the side for Dipping.


MERRY CHRISTMAS 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment