December 15, 2015

HOSPITAL FOOD - IT CURES WHAT AILS YA'


It would be easy for me to start knocking "Hospital" Food but realistically why would I, they are only trying to help nurse you back to health with three square meals a day, I find the midnight Snack sorely lacking but I suppose you could smuggle some Fruit Roll-Ups in or something.

My current theory is that the Food is sub-par for the most part so as to frighten us back into good health to escape back to the outside world where the "Good Food" is. After all we don't want people maiming themselves to be admitted to the local medical facility to get at that Scrumptious Filet Mignon in Mushroom Gravy or Delectable Pheasant under Glass on offer.

I did not take exact notes on the Foods pictured but above is the "Tuna Platter". The Veggies were of decent quality and the Tuna Salad was quite good and I am picky about my Tuna Salad, the lemon kind of perplexes me as there is Mayo in the Tuna but whatever.


This is the "Burger Deluxe"

I was rather excited to check this off on the Menu as my Lunch choice the day prior as to me what makes a Burger "Deluxe" is French Fries, They must have been hiding somewhere. 

What did make this humorous was under the plastic dome which covers the main dish was this paltry little Salisbury Steak style Burger and that was that. Akin to one guppy in the entire Atlantic Ocean.


This photo must have been taken on one of my lost days as I was heavily sedated for a few and I do not recall the Crispy Rice (Rice Krispies) at all but the Gevina Yogurt is definitely a winner to me.


Typical Breakfast fare usually served at Breakfast (ingenious, huh).

Tea, Yogurt, Cereal of choice (in this case fake Raisin Bran but then this enters the realm of quantum physics), Banana, small Corn Muffin (as opposed to JUMBO) of which only a small amount (one Patty) of Butter is provided to enhance it. The cup in the back had some type of Sweetened Milk that while I appreciate the effort can only be described as appalling.


Pot Roast, Oh Yes Pot Roast. 

Unfortunately the "skin" as it were was quite fatty so I ate inside and around that, Veggies of the canned kind (I can live with that) and actually quite good (not powdered) Mashed Potatoes, all that was missing was the Gravy.


Turkey Meatballs and Pasta (Spaghetti in this case).

This was actually pretty great and I could have not done better myself. Just the right amount of Pasta (Al Dente), as a matter of fact there was some Meatball left after the Pasta was finished and I balance my plate always. It would only have been "weird" if they were not touted as Turkey Meatballs but they were, I have had better Turkey Meatballs but for hospital fare I could have had a second serving easily.


OK, Found this on one of my 4 a.m. trips to the Pantry "Nutrition Center" and it was the only one on the shelf and it espouses Nectar Consistency and it is water in one of those pokeyourstrawthroughitlittleplasticcups and it also contains Phenylalanine (whatever that is but sounds close enough to Penny Lane).

Unfortunately it was not very good but I tried.

I thank my local medical institution for keeping me alive and strangely fed for over a week, the staff was great and the food was,... well Foodish.


No comments:

Post a Comment