December 16, 2015

WHAT DREAMS MAY COME - CHARLOTTE RUSSE - TASTY PASTRY Brooklyn, New York


My dad used to tell me about the Charlotte Russe in tales of yore but even by the 1970's they were nigh impossible to find, I am sure a few places had them but we never spotted a single one otherwise I am sure I would have been treated to one (or two).

It's charm lies in the simple recipe yet I did not think I would ever have one until Christina told me that Tasty Pastry of Brooklyn had them on offer ($3.50), so at 50 years of age it finally happened.

Birthday Cake Cream (actually Whipped Cream) but not the overly sweet kind topped with a Maraschino Cherry atop a thin slice of Pound Cake. Served in tubular cardboard with a self sufficient base so you can actually push the Confection up from the bottom.

Simple yet elegant.


There they are on display amongst a plethora of Delectable Pastries.


I proudly wield my Charlotte Russe before annihilation.


Christina chose a Nutella Cannoli and how could you not but I was a man on a mission.


1/6/16 - Ferrero Rocher Mousse ($2.75) - Extremely Rich but then again it is a Mousse. 

Covered in Fine Chocolate or Nutella (its hard to tell) which is flecked with crushed Hazelnut to reveal a velvety Mousse therein enrobing further Hazelnut intrusion atop a disc of Chocolate Cracker Cake. The spiraled flute atop the flower at the peak is of a Mint nature.

This one is going to be hard to beat folks.


THE ONE "BEAN" WILL GET YOU IN CORNER - Basically it is a tray of leftover Pastries that are about to reach their demarcation point of sale and on sale for a buck but this is quite the steal as the Cherry Tart photographed above was quite delectable but not so much so as MSG did not indulge.


2/3/16 - One of the Delights on hand that I had a clear idea of its constituency before sampling, namely The Napoleon. So mouth wateringly good that I could have easily had another and dare I say yet another and so on.



You want an Apple Horseshoe, we got em'
Hot Cocoa too.
This is a "one of each" type place.

No comments:

Post a Comment