January 2, 2016

NEW YEAR 2016


New Years Day was spent indulging in a half a dozen Baked Clams (12/$8.99) from Sea Breeze Fish Market of 18th avenue and satiated my overdue longing for the Clam, now I want some Fried Clams even if they are from White Castle. 

On a personal side note I did find the Clam's a bit rubbery and chewy but that is the nature of this molluscan delight.


As a side dish to the Clams was prepared a box of my favorite Rice-A-Roni thus far, the Broccoli Au Gratin selection. When you really sit down and think of it all Rice-A-Roni's do taste very similar and would be a challenge to differentiate in a blind taste test but this is the tops for me.


NEW YEARS EVE.

The Return of the Son of the Bride of the Cream Cheese Ranch Pepper Roll Ups.

I didn't sample any of these on the night (see how spoiled one gets with familiarity) but as Laura and Caroline always send me home with a "goodie" bag guess what I am having for Breakfast today.


Spinach Pie perfection and these were of the frozen kind. Flaky, Cheesy, Buttery and Spinachy, I had a bunch, couldn't keep away actually


The Loin of Pork, One of my favorites and this was Yum-O. Juicy and Flavorful.


One can never have enough Keftedes and Caroline made these to utter perfection so my skewer could not resist skewing quite a few, and skew I did.

Caroline also Made homeade Garlic Hummus and Spinach Dip and brought over some Caviar which we all enjoyed with some Carr's Water Crackers and supplied a bottle of Champagne.


The Apple Crisp with Homeade Ice Cream for Dessert. I am not so much one for sweets but my plate was entirely cleaned off after this healthy serving.


The Eating of 12 Grapes after ringing in the New Year is a Spanish tradition (one grape for every month of the year) and after sensing trepidation of being able to fit a dozen into my very full tummy it was no problem at all. Laura provided the Grapes and Caroline provided the Latinaness.


It just wouldn't be New Years Eve without the ceremonial Bashing In of the Gingerbread house.


(L to R) - Coraline, Some Guy (again), Laura & Stanley.

Take us to your leader.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment