December 16, 2015

TONY'S PIZZERIA - Brooklyn, New York


Both Kristine & Christina have expressed their positive Culinary appreciation over Tony's Pizzeria on separate occasions for about a year now and as I trust both their opinions my apprehension levels were on a low but boy was I in for a Treat.

When hard pressed for recommendation of a better Pizzeria I am quite dumbfounded but I do speak out of turn as a newbie I be.


The Pepperoni mini-roll ($1.00) and Eggplant Slice ($3.50).

As I was sharing with Christina and this is the "Slice" she highly recommended the counter worker cut the Slice in half and then quarters so photographed above is but a half slice. Served on thick Crust unlike the other Slices on display with Delicious Sauce and Sweet Eggplant this was Heaven. On a side note they did not heat this baby up enough but it was still formidable.

The mini-roll was Pepperoni and had a nice kick to it.

On my next sojourn I shall try the plain Slice or Sicilian (or both) as this proves a Pizzeria's true substructure.


12/30/15 - While the Broccoli mini-roll ($1.00) may not be a match for a carnivore like myself the Pepperoni mini-roll is still most formidable. Now if they would only create a Broccoli Rabe mini-roll,...

hmmmm,... might be an idea for some home baking indeed.


White Pizza with Bacon, I cannot find this on the Menu, more details coming.


Sicilian Slice, also known as a "Square" but this Pie was overdone to my liking. I did order one but pictured below is to me a "proper" Sicilian Pie. Christina liked the "burnt Cheese" I am not so much a fan.


1/6/16 - Classic SLICE - The yardstick as it were.

This is how its supposed to be, near perfection.

The first bite of the "crux" of the Pie releases the full Flavor of Sauce and Cheese intermingling with the Dough and tells you all you need to know, the DNA if you like of the Slice and by the third bite you have taken it all in and give yourself up to absolute pleasure.

Sauce was just right, Cheese was fully correct in the Stretchy & Gummy department (S & G) and the Dough was not tasteless, of course the Crust at the end comes into play as you finish your Slice and this was heavenly as well. 

In my opinion nearly perfect.

9 out of 10 Pizzerias in Brooklyn used to be Great and now the ratio has diminished to 1/10

Tony's is in the 1.


Tony's Sicilian Pie done just right, my next step into a wider universe.


E.T.A. - 18 seconds and the Pizza awaits.



No comments:

Post a Comment