May 1, 2014

OTTOS TACOS 4/30/14 New York City


To Finally Be Here !!!. 

About a year ago I heard they were bringing California style Tacos to the east coast and have heard from many about the greatness of west coast Tacos. There are plenty of great Tacos here in New York as well just not as in such abundance and you have to know where to go.

Ottos Tacos did not disappoint.

I calmly took a few pics of my platter before digging in, *Give no mind and take your time* as the food got colder but Tacos can stand weather limitations, on the other hand Masa Fries maybe not.

Masa Fries can perhaps only be described as Corn (not Potato based) Fries, These are 100% Unique and Genuinely Delicious, The Dipping Sauce is Heavenly, Everyone should have these at least once in their lives.

Not So Much Myself as I of late prefer Steak Fries and something with a soft center, these are not Crunchy at all but more like a thinner Fry. They are all the rage, Ignore this comment. 


These were just Tantalizingly Tasty, With only a simple Douse of Onions and Cilantro to Top the Marinated Meat this was Unbeatable Food, Delectable on the Palate and wonderfully displayed.

I am not quite sure what is pictured above. I believe my first Delicious Taco was an Carne Asada Taco followed by an Carnitas Taco so what is left right now (hours later) is the Chicken Taco that along with the Masa Fries I got to go.

Sometimes with Delicious Tacos it is hard to delineate because your brain is too busy thinking *OH MY GOD* but this is All Good.


Being a newcomer and reading many reviews I may have become clouded and confused here, I Dribbled in excitedly and on a Dreadful day full of Rain & Wind but was still most excited to finally be Inside of Ottos Tacos. Placed an order for (2) Carne Asada Tacos, one Chicken and one Steak not realizing that Carne Asada IS Steak (Marinated Steak) I thought it was a Topping or Style, I am not complaining here so there was a Carnitas (Pork) as well as the Chicken Taco, I was a bit puzzled upon receiving my platter with 3 Tacos as opposed to the 2 that I ordered but after 10 months waiting More is More, Money is No Object and Take This Back is Out Of The Question.


The Masa Fries are Completely Unique to anyone who has Not had Fries made out of Corn or so that is how much I can base off of my taste buds. The Chipotle/Mayo Dipping Sauce is Ridiculously Incredible.


My third try at a photo of Ottos Tacos facade, Weather conditions were so bad (and this was taken with a cellphone whilst juggling an open umbrella and carry bag) that I did not catch my thumb in the pic until I got home and WHO CARES with FOOD this good.




No comments:

Post a Comment