May 27, 2014

APPLE PIE W. CHEESE.


Warm Apple Pie with a Slice of Cheese on top. 

This I have heard of since I can remember, always sounded tempting but just as much sounded a bit inedible and Gross However the combination has always intrigued me akin to "One of these things is not like the other" so I stayed away and rarely thought of it, my friend Joe did alleviate my fears with one simple sentence "Apples and Cheese go together, thats some Good Eats". 

In a fit of GOOGLE one afternoon while searching facts about Apple Pie and Cheese my interest was finally piqued. I started brainstorming as I will once an idea enters my head and decided that Drakes or Hostess Apple Pie would not do as they have that thick Sugar Coating but Table Talk Pie is more akin to a mini version of good old Apple Pie, one might ask why I did not go to the local Bakery and purchase an Apple Pie or even go the Entenmann's route and my answer is simple.

What if I didn't like the combo ?, I do not have a major Sweet tooth and a whole Pie would go to waste.

On the upshot and much to my delight I really did enjoy this Fantastic Combo of Appley and Cheesey Goodness, here is what I did. I heated (1) Table Talk Apple Pie in the oven at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes of which half was topped with Slivers of Cracker Barrel Cheddar Cheese and tried the other half of the Pie with a Raw or room temperature Slice of Cheddar.

Apple Pie with a bit of Cheese is most common to the environs of the Northeastern (New England, Vermont) U.S. area and is served in two manners so I tried both. The common version is a thin slice of Cheese most commonly Cheddar but I have also heard American Cheese placed atop a Warm Piece of Pie of which it Melts over but sometimes the Cheese is served on the side Unmelted. I much preferred the Melted Cheese version and it tasted just like what I thought it would, it tasted like Apple Pie and Cheese.

Yes I will have this again.


Not as commonly found as it once was in the corner stores and Bodega's of Brooklyn but I surreptitiously spied this package of Table Talk while using an ATM machine in a Bodega and so it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment