May 11, 2014

DOWN BY THE SEASIDE - Coney Island, New York


Unique and Unbeatable in the world of Spud & Curd is Nathan's Famous Famous Crinkle Cut French Fries with Cheese. These are technically French Fries but I must add for those whom are uninitiated that they are Potato Wedges Fried to golden perfection and no two are shaped alike. I got mine topped with Cheese Sauce which is the only way to fly, the picture says it all and this portion is a little skimpy in the Cheese Sauce department as opposed to Nathan's Doused in Cheese servings.


I was at Coney Island for a job orientation session and had pre-meditated my visit to Nathan's and Rita's by 48 hours in the least but during a break in orientation class we were graciously served Turkey Wraps, Donuts, Muffins and Bottled Water. I am never one to say no to a Wrap, These were filled with Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato and two Cheeses which I could not fully distinguish, the center cheese may have been a Mild Swiss but there was a soft Sweet Cheese like a Mascarpone on the outer circle. I had 3, this photo is my second helping.


Rita's Ices is a new addition to Surf Avenue and as they have many Flavors on offer I decided I wanted to try a Black Cherry Ice of which they only had a Smoothie version available so I opted out since I just wanted an Ice.


The Mango Peach Ice was enticing but the Swedish Fish Ice selection won me over. It was only while enjoying this Delicious Icee that I realized I had this before at the Rita's location on the boardwalk at Atlantic City, I did not regret a repeat performance.

I must mention how I do love the Ice Cream Sprinkles motif on the countertop.


This photo is a partial representation of what was available on the menu this day and was taken in such a bright glare of sunlight that I could see nothing in my iPhone viewfinder. 

A true example of "Point & Shoot"





No comments:

Post a Comment