May 22, 2014

RAVIOLI OF THE HOMEADE KIND - PASTOSA - Brooklyn, New York


Noodle Pockets Packed with Ricotta.

Oh Ravioli let me sing my praises.


I am surprised it took this long for Pastosa to get a posting on this Blog and this will not be the last I am sure. These are amongst the Best Fresh Home Made Ravioli I have yet to try, Just Perfect. 

Pastosa has been in the Ravioli business since 1966 and this comes as no surprise due to the quality of their product, I wonder how many Raviolis they have sold since then ? 

Well, lets take a walk over to the Ravioliometer and see,... oops it under repair.

These Rav's are Refrigerated and never Frozen, you can of course Freeze them for later use at home but a partial reason to their Deliciosity I believe is that they are made fresh and kept chilled and not frozen. I cannot imagine ever having Frozen Ravioli again, will let you know if I ever do a taste test of course.



As a precaution since Fresh Pasta is a Gummy being the Rav's are dusted in Corn Meal to prevent sticking and easy separation before the Boiling process. Have no fear of consequence as the Corn Meal Dissolves in Boiling Water.

Dont just dump them all in !!! Place them Gingerly in Salted boiling water one at a time.


Just a portion of the "prepared" Foods that Pastosa has on offer. This is always a work to admire as the Menu changes yet stays the same in a conundrum of Delectability. I am still waiting on the return of "JUMBOTTO".


E.T.A. 20 seconds

Approaching Pastosa from New Utrecht avenue. Note an actual pay phone booth in view.


E.T.A. 3 seconds


This photo is unrelated to Pastosa but belongs here. Lard Bread from Frank & Sal's with a Schmear of Cream Cheese. That's right folks, it works.


6/18/14 - The Sicilian Rice Ball is Jumbo sized and filled with Meat, Peas, Cheese and of course Rice which is prepared in Tomato Sauce I believe with some perfectly done Crunchy Breading on the Outside, I heated this at home in my oven and it was Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment