November 29, 2013

THANKSGIVING WITH JOHN & CONNIE 2013


It was decided this year to give everyone a much needed break and get the Food Catered, Jamie found Frank & Eddies Meat Market online and this Feast was ordered on Thanksgiving eve. Jamie did still prepare a few items and it was still a considerable amount of work reheating everything within reasonable timing, everything worked out except for my contribution the Crescent Rolls which got there about 7 minutes too late.

My Personal Plate Pic above consists of Jamie's homeade String Bean Casserole in the center with (clockwise from noon) Roast Turkey, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Sausage Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce and  one Crescent Roll (America's Choice brand). There was also Broccoli, Dinner Rolls, Prosciutto Bread and Sweet Potatoes that did not make it to my plate. Everyone ate to their hearts content and there were plenty of leftovers.


Jamie made her famous Tortellini Meatball Soup with Carrots and Dill in Chicken Broth that we all had before Dinner. 


For Dessert there was Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Pie and Apple Pie.


Returning home I stopped at the corner store for a Blueberry Lemonade and as I quickly browsed the passing racks I spied those three letters that go so well together P,B & J. On second thought I purchased one ($1.50) but what could it be ? 


11/30/13 - Two days after Thanksgiving I did my duty as a friend and honorary family member and helped vanquish those pesky Leftovers that adorned the Moroni Refrigerator. It was not easy but I did my best as an American-Italian.

This Plate (clockwise from noon) Is a hybrid of Sausage Stuffing and Stove Top Stuffing, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (of which I could not find the Chicken Gravy prior to Heating even though it was in a Chinese Soup Quart container at high noon), Broccoli Spiced with Garlic and some Quality HOM (Ham). The Hom was Delicious but I still do not have the hang of the new Moroni Microwave oven so certain things were hotter than others.

Like The Sun. (YES reference)

5:39 a.m. - I dreamt my Leftovers fought my Leftover's.


12/2/13 - Not the prettiest picture but quite Tasty and full of Turkeyliciousness. I placed my Leftovers of Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Turkey Gravy (smooched together) atop an English Muffin with American Cheese (Deli).

No comments:

Post a Comment