November 25, 2013

LESKE'S BAKERY 11/14/13 Brooklyn, New York


In all of its Glory, Prosciutto Bread.

On Jamie's birthday I met her after work and got there around 30 minutes too early so called and asked if she wanted any Snack's, I first stopped at a Kennedy Fried Chicken for some JalapeƱo Poppers (a favorite of hers) but they were not on the Menu, Jamie told me she was not hungry anyway and there would be Food stuffs back at her mom's. I was Starving so popped into Leske's whose reputation precedes them. while looking amongst the Napoleons, Donuts, Black and White Cookies and such a man entered asking for the "Cheese Bread" and I thought "ooo sounds yummy" whereafter I spied on the cooling racks what appeared to be 4 Loaves of Prosciutto Bread.

I asked "Is that Prosciutto Bread ?"

She replied "Yes"

I replied "I Didn't even know you made that,.. how much ?"

She replied "five dollars"

I replied "Yes Please"

Turned out to be Most Delicious. Moist Bread, Chunks of Salami and maybe Ham and (Heavens to Betsy) Prosciutto with Lots of Cheese which was Oozing out of the Bread in the Baked form, hardened yes but Crunchilicious. This is a Real Italian Winner from a Scandinavian Bakery.



While Jamie was finishing up her work I commandeered the copy machine attempting to replicate more Loaves. No Go.


Leske's Park Slope Location facade captured with an iPhone 4 on the yellow line, during a red light of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment