November 11, 2013

SILVER STAR RESTAURANT - SPIKE'S SECOND SILVER STAR STUDDED BIRTHDAY SOIREE 11/10/13 Brooklyn, New York


Let Us Cling Together As The Years Go By, Oh My Love My Love.
In The Quiet Of The Night, Let Our Candle Always Burn, Let Us Never Lose The Lessons We Have Learned.

Teo Torriate (Let Us Cling Together) - QUEEN (1976) (Lyrics - Brian May)

In this case it is a Pu Pu Platter Pyre on the 48th anniversary of my birth which Jamie arranged.



I was at The Silver Star recently (10/27/13 just 15 days prior) and enjoyed a bowl of Wonton Soup so now I am back to my beloved Hot & Sour Soup (Gerry Reed) and rightfully so.


On my last visit here I Ate solo which makes for a very different Dining experience as you tend to browse the internet via cellphone (in my case) but also hone in on the neighboring table's conversation. One table that was filling up right before I was leaving was ordering for a larger than one party and they automatically requested two plates of the Lemon Chicken, Now I Love Chicken Francaise and am actively trying new things from the Menu so this was in mind and is indeed what I ordered. 

Was I underwhelmed ?,.... Yes.

No One can get Everything right, even Silver Star. This Dish was heavy on the Chicken (DUH) and was flanked by Lemon Wedges but also was Garnished in what I can only describe as Orange Marmalade (Joe pointed this out) served on an ornate serving plate previously unseen to my eyes in all these years of being a patron, I got bored quickly and had some Veggies from Jamie's Boneless Chicken with Mixed Vegetables Plate. The Leftovers sat in my Fridge for a bit and was thusly "chucked". Carol got the General Tso's Chicken and I had a piece of that which had some major overtones of Ketchup, Nope. 

I even had some EGG from Joe's order of Egg Foo Young and that was most Tasty.

Mind You, I picked this place for my birthday bash and shall forever sing its praises but these were the wrong choices, well at least I know now. The Beef with, Chicken with, Pork with and Shrimp with dishes I am sure are all Awesome and boy am I ready for another serving of their Excellent Chow Mein.


Behold the glorious machinations of the Pu Pu Platter, Sterno Included and this is a Double Order.

Traditionally the Flaming Sterno is there so you can literally Barbecue your Food over it at the table. Everything is served prepared but this adds an extra layer of fun. Silver Star's Pu Pu includes,...

(clockwise fron noon).

Fantail Shrimp - Halved Jumbo Shrimplings Batter Dipped, I almost ordered this prior but am glad I did not otherwise there may have been a Shrimp Overload.

Barbecued Spare Ribs - The favorite of many, not me as I prefer Boneless, Still Delicious.

Chicken In Foil - The foil is clearly discernible as I know of no silver food's except for Fish. Very Tasty even to my discerning tongue which prefers the White Meat, whatever this is it is Scrumptious but maybe only two or three bites per packet.

Beef On Stick - You Get Flame Broiled Beef On Stick, Now Leave Me Alone.

Shrimp Toast - Only the finest in Brooklyn, I Love me some Shrimp Toast.

Let us not forget the flags flying of Pineapple and Maraschino Cherries, a Must to Sterno-ize.

More pics to come, Jamie has them in her camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment