November 6, 2013

RADEGAST HALL & BIERGARTEN 11/6/13 Brooklyn, New York


I have been to a few Biergartens and this remains my Favorite due to the ambiance and variety of Brews on Tap. I have been partial to Porter's over the last few years but when sampling I always go for the Keg's, Radegast does have an extensive and detailed Menu for the Bottled Beer's (Porter's included) but I always go for the Stein, and hard not to. Pictured above is a Liter of Kostritzer Shwarzbier (Germany 4.8 % $13). Delicious and Dark.


We arrived with only ten minutes left for the Lunch menu and I knew I wanted a Kielbasa ($10) served over a bed of Real Deal Saurkraut which comes with Fries and Bread, I added a Solo cup of Horeseradish and the home Made Dijon Mustard for the Garnish, wound up Milking my plate for hours and then not finishing it at all, Thanks to Sean who helped me at the end not to waste Food. 


Amongst the "Beer Cocktails" Menu i had spied the "Weiss Grip" (&10) which reminded me of a Very Tasty Drink I had with Jamie some months back at "Heartland Brewery". The Weiss Grip consisted of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier and Echte Kroatzbeere Blackberry Liquer. Completely Delicious, I had two. It was the first Drink of the night and the last.


Here is the Radegast Pretzel ($12) which comes Nicely Warm, Soft & Bready and just the Perfect Appetizer addition to compliment any Beverage on the Menu. When I am foregoing my Kielbasa for Pretzel Bread Dipped into the Beer/Cheese Dip or House Mustard it Has To Be Good.


Most Important, The Condiment Bar at the grill. (1) is Ketchup, (2,3,4 and 5) are Assorted In-House Mustards of which # 5 the Dijon Mustard is clearly the winner. Number 6 is a Most Delicious and Freshly Minced "Horseradish".


Approach Radegast and this is what you will see.

(Repost) 8/2/09 - Radegast Hall & Biergarten in Williamsburg has Great Atmosphere, Great Music (They played Grantchester Meadows fer chrissake),Good Service and Average Prices. I was looking forward to having a Burger with Mustard (pictured is German Mustard, Radegast Mustard and Horseradish) to accompany my Delicious Pints Only to receive a Hockey Puck sized Burger with Lettuce,Tomato and Flavorless Cheddar. There clearly is NO QUALITY CONTROL at the Brat & Burger counter as my friends Burger (also done medium) actually was bigger than the Bun as opposed to my sad ass miniscule meatball ($13 Meatball mind you), However this wasnt brought to my attention until after we were done eating otherwise Chef Jerkface would have gotten a piece of my mind. The Beer was Delicious though.

And the photo accompanying my 2009 review, as you can see my tune has changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment