July 3, 2014

REESES PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM CUP


Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are Glorious and Ice Cream is a Treat. Or is it Ice Cream is Glorious and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a Treat,... How About Both are True.

How About We Combine Them.

This has been going on for sometime and really the first recollection I have of "Brands" meshing successfully was Oreo's Cookies & Cream Ice Cream and then it went from there. Combining Ice Cream and treats such as Nilla Wafers and Pound Cake A La Mode (a favorite of mine) may not even be traceable in time but then the Snickers Brand Ice Cream Bar came out sometime in the 1990s and turned all of our heads. 

Snickers and Reese's Ice Cream Bars were also shaped accordingly giving a concentric familiarity that further heightened the senses but it was all about the Flavor as well, take for instance the inferior (my opinion) Milky Way and 3 Musketeers Ice Cream Bars, on paper yes but on palate perhaps not, they tasted pretty much like a mildly flavored Vanilla Ice Cream.

Haagen-Daz championed the Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream in the 1980s and I Loved that, I am sure Ben & Jerry's also had their equivalent but the Reese's Ice Cream bar manufactured by the older yet dare I say inferior Good Humor company got the Flavor down pat and also offered that strangely comfortable yet familiar Halloween orange Reese's box and brand. The first time I had a pint of it I went GaGa.

Truly one of the better "Candy" Flavored Ice Creams on the market folks.


For further reading here is the Ingredients panel on the back of the box. 

These are so good that I don't even care if there is a dose of Strontium-90 therein. 

I will take my chances.


No comments:

Post a Comment