July 21, 2014

SPAGHETTI WITH BEEF SAUCE ? - MEI MEI BAKERY - Brooklyn, New York


Looks Great Doesn't it ? umm,... No

There is a slight back story here but I did finally saunter in and ordered this after being perplexed for several months. The Pasta was fine as expected, The Beef Sauce Was Not.

What I found is what can be expected of a cheap jar Sauce as the Gravy, fair enough. The Beef was negligible, for anyone who has had Chef Boyardee Beefaroni this was the size of the Beef Chunks or shall I say Beef specks. OK for three bucks I can live with this but someone ruined the Broth. 

The Sauce was Sweet, not just a tad but very Sweet above taste bud limits, there appears to have been Sweet and Sour Sauce added in to tantalize. 

This Tantalized me to Never get this again.


Here is the sign that set my ship a sailing.

This is a decent Pork Bun shoppe with many Cakes and Buns to offer and one of the older ones in the neighborhood, when I saw this sign I was intrigued, Asian cooking does not use Tomato Sauce, Was it Beef Gravy ? 

I bookmarked it. 


A look at the Beef specks and Sweet Sauce, meaning Sweet not Sweet.

As an added Bonus this three dollar dish did come with 3 napkins and a plastic fork.


Mei Mei Bakery is Great for Everything just not the Beef Sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment