June 14, 2014

MCU PARK/CITIFIELD (Summer 2014) - Coney Island/Queens, New York (in progress)


6/12/14 - Nathan's Fries, Tyson Chicken and of course the Dipping Sauces ($8.00).


6/26/14 - Pastrami (Fresko's) and a Pepsi at the Kosher stand.


6/28/14 - The Most Cheese Sauce (Gehl's) I ever saw in one place, I was in Awe. This is what Nathan's uses.


6/30/14 - The Corn Dog, What can go wrong, It's a Corn Dog.


7/2/14 - A Chili Cheese Dog of my own creation. Just Fantastic, Nathans Cheese Sauce (Gehl's), Chili and a Doggie done to perfection, nice Buns too.


7/2/14 - The Knish (Gabila's) by a brand name you can trust.


7/5/14 - Buffalo Tater Tots.


7/5/14 - Not so much a Food but it was brought to my attention today as I watched the Chef's turn out a batch of Buffalo Tater Tots, This is not the Frank's Hot Sauce we know from home use, This baby is thickerer. Need to buy some for the house if I can even find it on the Supermarket shelves..


7/6/14 - The Classic King Dog ($7.50). Named after the Classic King Henry, A King I am proud to call a friend.


6/27/14 - Riding With Two Kings.


7/7/14 - Bavarian Pretzel ($4.25) with Cheese Sauce on the side. Simple yet Elegant.


7/8/14 - Finally got to try The King Dog, I felt Cheese Sauce was the perfect Topping to compliment the Bacon and it was. 

All Hail The King.


7/17/14 - NACHOS, Need I Say More.


7/27/14 (maybe) - Salted Pretzel ($4.00). I replaced my pic of a lone Pretzel with a bunch I had just Salted myself for the very first time I ever Salted Pretzels, I think I did a nice job too if I may say so. 


7/19/14 - Gabila's Knish ($3.50) with Gold's Mustard right out of the Oven.


7/25/14 - King Dogs, Ready To Go.


7/25/14 - Bacon On A Stick. Complimentary with much thanks to PIG GUY, NYC.


7/30/14 - Fresko's Signature Tuna Salad Wrap ($10.00) from the Kosher portable at which I was honored to be working at.


8/21/14 - I have been spying this Delicious looking Lemonade ($4.50) for weeks now. It comes in a clear plastic cup with the Lemon floating in it and looks so good, due to their companies policy I had to supply my own cup so a bit of the sheen has worn off but when you taste Lemonade this good the sheen goes out the window, Really Delicious 


8/24/14 - Veggie Burger, Totally Delicious except whenever I have a Veggie Burger I realize how much more I like a Burger Burger. This photo was taken in high glare, so much so that I literally "point and shot" with my iPhone due to the fact that the view screen was invisible to me and this is why my shadow eclipses almost three fourths of the Patty.


8/24/14 - I finally got my Soft Serve, at the end of the day we were offered this as the Ice Cream cart (portable) had so much leftover which was just going to go to waste, Ironically earlier in the day I was seeking Ice Cream but it wasn't ready yet and then I became deeply involved with Salting Pretzels at the Kosher cart with my friend Ori and then the park opened, so much for Ice Cream BUT you see how things work out, it was Delicious of course.


8/27/14 - Beneath the Pickle Chip, Tomato Slice, Chopped Onion and Lettuce Slivers is indeed a Burger Patty covered with a Slice of Cheese and of this I have been waiting these few months to sample. Delicious indeed, not a Huge 8 Ounce Burger and rather paltry in size, was I satisfied ? Indeed and of course the Nathan's Fries added to this culinary experience.


8/29/14 - CITIFIELD - Working at a Sausage and Peppers portable is not the easiest undertaking especially as you keep eyeing those Peppers and Onions Caramelizing. Quite Good Sausage by Premio but the Peppers and Onions won the battle ($8.50).


8/30/14 - CITIFIELD - Behold The Nachos with Beef and Chicken on them which is unavailable to your average customer even though I am sure it can be done. What made the Beef and Chicken Scrumptious was that they were Shredded "Pulled Pork" Style and in Gravy, Just Fantastic, some lovely Salsa, Fresh JalapeƱos, Cheese Sauce and Beans adorned this, Unfortunately by the time I was able to sample this the Crispy Nachos had gone limp, Well work does come first.


8/31/14 - Lipton Citrus Green Tea indeed gets a worthwhile mention, first of all I can't find it at any Deli or even Supermarket but I recall trying it years ago and Loving it, this was available at the "Healthy Cart" at MCU. Still Delicious and there even flecks of Tea pirouetting inside the Bottle.

This photo was taken from the Kosher cart at MCU.


9/26/14 - CITIFIELD - A rare occasion, a few of us were waylaid after we had clocked in so we were invited to the Citifield Employee Cafeteria for a Beverage and we made for the Chow Line, I thought this was Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes which is my Favorite but it was Steak and Mashed Potatoes, Another Favorite. Instead of getting a "Full" helping I took Claudia's lead and grabbed a smaller Salad Bowl so as just to get a taste, Delicious.


9/26/14 - CITIFIELD - The Gehl's Cheese Sauce Dispenser in all her Glory.



















No comments:

Post a Comment