June 17, 2014

A PANCAKE EXCURSION (EXODUS TO PANCAKES) 6/16/14 New Dyker Diner - Brooklyn, New York


Yesterday was Father's Day and not being one I was quite envious of all the Dad's out there having their Pancake Treat, I also have Pancakes maybe once a year when left to my own devices. 

Thanks to Kristine and Ellen for letting me know I was Indeed a dad since I have a "little one" here that I care for, namely my cat. 

My feline is not so adept at the griddle so I had to make a plan. 

I awoke way too early so I bided my time and after a few hours made way to the local Diner to treat myself to some Warm Griddle Cakes with a side of Sausage, it was difficult not to go the Bacon route but I pondered this for a few hours prior. I have Never had Ham with my Pancakes (Ham, Bacon or Sausage are the common sides on offer) and maybe that will be the next frontier.

Going to a Diner solo is a peaceful and an introverted (in the positive sense) experience, of course it is always better with a friend but without I tend to hone in on the conversations going on around me. 

Today the conversations were all in the espanol mexicano language, but I don't speak or understand Spanish, so much for honed conversations, oh well.


I placed my order and literally in 2 minutes there they were. 

I must applaud New Dyker Diner on some small details here, a majority of Diners serve portion control cups of Butter and Syrup in little plastic tubs that are hermetically sealed which is fine but make for waste in the trash bin and also do not allow instant free reign of your plate which is best especially in the realm of Syrup. Here is a medium sized Cup of Butter and an actual baby Syrup container, I was so confused it took me 10 seconds to figure out how to open the darn Syrup.


Skipped the Coffee which I regret now but was served a Three Stack of Pancakes with Two healthy sized Breakfast Sausages which were halved and Grilled to perfection ($7.00).


Step one for most is to Butter and Syrup each layer, of course if this was a Seuss like tower of proportion then all bets are off but this was not. These were prepared magnificently and I have no complaints.


This is a "Realism" photo. 


And She Is Done. 


To the left of me the Counter, To the right of me, Injuns. Oh thats just my reflection, Phew.

Diners should be around for a Long, Long time but they are becoming scarcer.
Bless The American Diner and Good Old American Dining.

Do you know how hard it was for me NOT to order a Cheeseburger Deluxe.

ADDENDUMB - I did pass New Dyker Diner 2 days later and glanced at the Breakfast Special Menu in the window and the price did jive with my experience, it said Pancakes with Ham, Bacon or Sausage - $ 8.00 (my order was a dollar less because I skipped the coffee). Breakfast Specials used to be so cheap, then again the years have passed so quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment