June 24, 2014

PROSCIUTTO BALLS - LIONI'S


And there are No Apologies forthcoming for Any of the quotes presented on the sign, If You Aint Lived it Then ,.... ummm you aint lived it. I wonder if the people who painted the sign lived it.

Either way Lioni's remains one of The Great Spots.


The Vanity Photo, Lets get some Proscuitto Balls and Fresh Mozzarella in one photo along with the catering Menu, Bless Them, Oh wait I took the photo, Bless their ever Influential Jedi Cheese ways.


I did indeed Multitask and bought the Best of the Best sofar as the Prosciutto Balls were concerned, I added a Fresh Bagel from my corner store and some Cream Cheese I had waiting in the fridge for my Original Sandwich of Yore, of which I created back in the "Yore" days back in the 1980's. 

It does not get simpler than this and I implore you ALL try one so long as it is a Proper Prosciutto Ball.

Bagel (of your liking) with Cream Cheese, Place 1 or 2 Heated Prosciutto Balls on the Cream Cheese Sandwich, SQUISH accordingly (not too much). Enjoy.


The Storefront, Oh Yes.


Some of the Prepared Foods on offer aside from the vast selection of Hero Sammiches.

The Prosciutto Ball Plate is lowered in quantity as I had ordered six from it and another customer did the same before me, more Prosciutto Balls will fill that space shortly.


Lioni's makes their own Fresh Mozzarella keeping the cost down for us the consumer and keeping the Quality up also for us the consumer, As Fresh as can be.


The Olive Bar at Lioni's.


Had to catch this pic of the "certificate of appreciation" due to Lioni's donation to P.S. 128, I hope the teachers got some. I Mean Food.


This photo was taken after Lunch Hour so not many Breads remained, we can look at the labels and dream though can't we ?


Prosciutto Balls in all their Glory.


To me this appears to be a much older Sandwich Menu plated to these hallowed walls yet it tells the Complete story. They misspelled JalapeƱo, or maybe they didn't.


I have always championed the prepared Food Shop but the Meat Market next store is even possibly held in greater reverence.


My Thumb is not for sale but check out the Meat Market facade.

Below is a link to 150 Sandwiches on Lioni's most formidable Hero Menu, This list continues to grow by leaps and bounds here and there so keep checking back on their Official Site.  

It perplexes me that they never came up with a "Tony Soprano" or "James Gandolfini" Sandwich but who am I to ask questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment