August 29, 2012

NOT ONLY BAGELS 8/29/12 Brooklyn, New York


The Chicken Torta ($5.50) from my newest corner Bagel store which opened on the site of Palermitana Bakery.

This sandwich took almost 10 minutes to prepare as it was made from scratch and that's not a bad thing at all. Served on a Roll topped with Lettuce, Tomato, Queso Blanco, Avocado, some type of Pickled Pepper, what can only be described as a Muffaletta style spread and 3 small thinly sliced Chicken Cutlets dry spiced on the grill and also doused in that lemonade looking agent many places use during grilling.



4/26/13 - Steak Tacos - Delicious and only $2.25 apiece with Cilantro, Onions and Tomato, could have used more Taco Sauce and some Lime but the mastication of the Minute Steak left me very impressed. Queso Fresco was absent.



12/4/13 - Come December I decide to make Chili proper as in Canned Tomatoes and Real Jalapeno's as opposed to the Pickled and Jarred type. I prepare everything majestically and slow Cook for hours. These are the months of my "splint" finger and whilst removing the Pan from the Stovetop it goes careening (in slow motion of course) out of my hand. The Very First thought is "What can I save and Salvage !!!!!!?". Well there was broken glass involved as I had burst the lid on my Olde Faithful Saucepan so I saved what I could and it was Very Delicious. Jalapeño's could have been spicier but I am still learning.

The main remembrance (aside from all of that lost Chili goodness) was that at 48 years of age I wandered into my local Mexican Bagel Shop and have NO Idea what Fresh Jalapeño cost's. I had my dollar in hand but was informed that my 2 Jalapeno's (see pic above) were. "2 for twenty five cents".



No comments:

Post a Comment