August 3, 2012

ELLIO'S PIZZA (Frozen)


7/3/12 - Ellio's was my favorite frozen Pizza as a teenager and remains so as an adult, although I do not go out there chasing Frozen Pizza as the Real Thing is usually (but not always the case) eternally better. This brand seem's to have changed it's recipe (Sean & Jamie agree too) but is still a perfectly O.K. Frozen Slice.


If planes could land on Ellio's Pizza Slices they would.


8/10/13 - In a fit of Pique and at a moment's notice I did realize that I craved the "Frozen" Pizza (Sometimes You Want The Frozen Kind) once again so took a walk over to my local Waldbaum's Supermarket to get a box of Anything. Ellio's being my favorite as opposed to some of those other Horrific choices (Tree Tavern anyone ?) I was happy to see it on sale for a buck cheaper than normal ($3.99 a box/9 slices) but the freezers seemed to be broken and soggy boxes awaited my quest, Fortunately the "Supreme Pizza" Choice seemed the less scathed/defrosted and offered me Sausage AND Pepperoni as well as Onions and TWO kinds of Peppers (Green and Red) So it must be healthier. 


Perfectly Edible so far as Frozen Pizza's go and a whole year later since I last sampled an Ellio's Slice (Phew!!!). Still not the Ellio's of Yore but also this hit the spot when seeking such fare. No culinary notes to be made here, it's Frozen Pizza, Culinary does not come into play.


No comments:

Post a Comment