February 7, 2016

TONY'S PIZZERIA ll - Brooklyn, New York


2/3/16 - Tony's Special - Perusing the Tony's Pizzeria Menu a month ago I took note that the "Tony's Special" had two kinds of Cheese, both fresh and plain Mozzarella and this intrigued me and also made me wonder. Well, I finally had a Slice and this one is a killer.

Topped with Sauce, Tomato, Basil, Garlic (which was somewhat indistinguishable) and the two Cheeses which added a chewy consistency that had me praising its wonderment. 

Never judge a Slice by its looks, this appeared to be a regular Slice but is far from it.


3/2/16 - Chicken Bacon Ranch - Pizza became a free for all somewhere to my knowledge in the 80's with its ever widening girth of toppings (Hawaiian Pizza comes to mind but that is probably from the 60's) and this includes two of the pleasure tasties (Bacon & Chicken) in the ever widening game, once things became further and farther from a "slice" one of the odder yet fitting Sauces Ranch Dressing garnered itself into the roster. 

As if I had to spell it out.

Bacon done to perfection, almost imperceptible Chicken (due to the Power of Bacon) but nary a hint of Ranch Dressing and of course Tony's almost perfect slice (as one does not truly exist) makes this yet another complimentary addition to their most formidable army of Dough and Cheese.


3/16/16 - Grandma Slice ($3.00) - My only criticism is that I could have had a second Slice as this left me less than stuffed, other than that this is all of the Classic Grandma Slice ingredients. 

Fresh Mozzarella, Marinara Sauce & Basil Leaves Drizzled with Olive Oil.


3/30/16 - Vodka Slice - Firstly Delicious so as not to give the wrong impression but the initial ever important first bite reminded me of English Muffin Pizza for whatever reason (and mind you I love english muffin pizza's) which shall remain a culinary mystery, must have been something about the Sauce ingredients.

Fresh Mozz and Vodka Sauce and that is pretty much that, maybe some Olive Oil and of course the Crust. Like everything else at Tony's so far its absolutely a winner.


4/20/16 - Lasagna Slice ($3.50) - Everything a Lasagna Slice should be.

Personally I don't need any Noodles on my Slice (Lasagna or otherwise) and this was absent of any.

All of the basic Lasagna Ingredients were included (Ground Beef, Ricotta Cheese, Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and Spices). Yet another "Oh My God This Is Delicious" Slice from Tony's.


5/4/16 - Buffalo Chicken Slice ($3.50) - Delicious Diced Chicken atop a Tony's Slice but the secret is in the Hot Sauce which while not overpoweringly Hot has that perfect Tanginess to it.


5/4/16 - Garlic Knots - Just a Good Garlic Knot, nothing else really to say.

Cristina found them to be too Oily but "Too Oily" is not in my dictionary.


5/11/16 - Chicken Parmigiana Slice ($3.50) - Extra Cheese and Diced Chicken Parmigiana grace this slice. Very Cheesy but not at the top of my list. I keep yearning for a "Tonys Special" Slice.


5/25/16 - Eggplant Slice (thin crust) ($3.50) - Fresh Mozz, Basil, Olive Oil, Eggplant and Sauce. This was mouth wateringly great and to me surpasses the "Deep Dish" style Eggplant Slice which is Tony's usual creation. The Olive Oil and Basil stuck out for me on this one for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment