February 9, 2016

NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY (U.S.) (February 9)


There is a National Food Day for just about every Food I would imagine but certain ones jump out at you depending on individualistic taste of course, in my case Bacon Day comes to mind but I have yet to celebrate.

Pancakes are one of those comfort Food's that fit the bill and I happened to have Pancakes (albeit the toaster kind) in my freezer on the day (February 9) so I ran with it.


Pancakes with Sausage - Two Aunt Jemima Toaster Pancakes Schmeared with Key Food brand Butter (more like doused in this case but that is the Jedi way) and a side of Sausage. 

Broccoli Rabe & Cheese Sausage as the pantry was devoid of Breakfast Sausages but this became a complete boon on the tastebud level, it works folks.

Pancake Day continues.


The SpamCake - Unbeknownst to my Trepidatious FOODMIND (is this worth the plunge or am I wasting food and time) the SpamCake became the Rosetta Stone of these three dishes and reached a level of height unattainable previously.

In other words a Tasty little sucker.

A little over an inch was its height geometrically.


Pancake a la mode - Yes, for Dessert it was Pancakes topped with Ice Cream.

Any Ice Cream will do but on hand I had Friendly's (rich & creamy) Cookies & Cream.

On a side note just the other night I was eating the Friendly's right out of the tub with spoon in hand for the first time in decades and boy is it hard to close that container and desist.


And of course I got a bit of abuse on my Facebook post due to the overwhelming similarity between the Spiral Broccoli Rabe Sausage and another inedible item from the human condition but abuse is what I thrive on when it comes to social media in most cases.

This one is courtesy of my friend Peter R.


On another side note The SPAM Single Classic must be brought up.

This I found in the 99 cent section at my local Rite-Aid and a brilliant idea it is (as well as a cash cow for the SPAM people) since most do not need to Fry Up an entire 12 ounce can of SPAM in one sitting, a slice or two will do and its cut so neatly as well.


1 comment: