February 2, 2016

TIME TO BAKE THE BREAD - Il Fornaretto Bakery - Brooklyn, New York


I awoke with a start and a craving for Ye' Olde cornerstone of "peasant" Food (no offense to the peasants) Italian Bread & Butter (never margarine) and decided to pay a visit to the closest neighborhood Bakery in my vicinity, Il Fornaretto Bakery of which I never stepped into.


After inferring about various items (pull apart olive bread anyone) and my interrogation concerning the daily availibilty of "Pizza Dough" I said to the counterperson "I've been living here nearly ten years and have never been here" and got a classic New York answer "Well, now you're here" of which I loved of course.


Loaves on parade.


1/20th of the window display.


Where the magic happens.


2/4/16 - The pull apart Olive Bread turned out to be a Loaf but was full of goodness as was the Seeded Roll.


Olive Bread cross section.







No comments:

Post a Comment