January 4, 2016

MEAT SUPREME - Brooklyn, New York


Meat Supreme is one of the few Italian markets left in my neighborhood and was not even to garner an entry on this Blog until I tried the Lemon Basil Chicken ($6.99/lb.) which elicited a dozen vocal "WOW's" and praiseworthy approval. 

Tender, Juicy & Meaty with a generous helping of Lemon Basil Sauce. 

Packaging and presentation is not enforced at this location as I have also heard of this same Dish being served in a one Quart Soup container (without extra sauce) but on this night it was served up in a circular covered tin, double wrapped in "Saran" and complimented by some extra flavorful Sauce "swimming" at the bottom of the container.

Just Outstanding.


Balsamic Ravioli - Your average Ravioli Salad, after all can you really mess this up but what sets it apart is in fact the Balsamic Vinegar which adds a Zing to the taste buds and approval from the Palate.


I added some Divella Aglio, Olio e Pepperoncino ($2.99) which I picked up at Frank & Sal's to Christina's Gnocchi Salad and Balsamic Ravioli Salad to give it that extra "kick" and it worked its magic especially on the Gnocchi which I found slightly bland.

Aglio, Olio e Pepperoncino consists of Garlic, Sweet Pepper & Chili Pepper in Sunflower and Olive Oil and has a shelf life of a thousand years.

This being the winter months and myself having Pork Stores in closer proximity I might not be back until the spring but I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment