January 10, 2016

THREE KINGS DAY at Caroline's


Three Kings Day is a holiday that commemorates the visiting of the Maji to the newly born Christ child and is also known as Epiphany in the Greek tradition, it is held in early January and this to my recollection is the first time Caroline celebrated with a Feast of sizable proportions

Pictured above is Pernil, Yucca with Garlic & Oil, Rice & Beans with Capers and Rellenos De Papa.

Being her first crack at Pernil amongst other delicacies (to my knowledge) Caroline was humbly hesitant in her success but I knew she could do it being the fine Chef she is.


The Pernil in all its Porky Glory.

This literally fell off the bone so I was not sure which pieces to take as I am an extremely fussy eater.


Didn't really matter though. Smokey took what he pleased from my plate.


Plantains and Rellenos De Papa which is a Potato Ball wrapped around Ground Meat. These were part of the Appetizers but went over super big with me, so much so that I had three of them.

Pauline also provided Avocado and Bermuda/Red Onion in a Vinaigrette Dressing.


For afters was a Lemon Cake (courtesy of Tasty Pastry), Coconut Bars by Laura and Cherry Puffs by Caroline.


Rice Pudding a la Santos made with several Creams and Coconut Milk.


(L to R) - Caroline, Stanley, Laura, Some Guy.


Luckyzilla


No comments:

Post a Comment