December 6, 2014

PIZZERIA UNO 12/6/14 Brooklyn, New York


I have been wanting to try Pizzeria Uno for years specifically because they make the Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza but after viewing Jon Stewart's "Rant" on New York Versus Chicago Style Pizza It only escalated my interest. 

Well, Jon was completely right in my opinion insofar as a "Deep Dish" does not conquer a "Slice" but now I know for myself. 

The Deep Dish was Great, actually kind of like a Sicilian square but in a Pie form, no complaints at all and I only conquered one Slice as it was preceded by the Sliders pictured below but I do have four slices in my Fridge A La Leftovers. This was the first time in my life that I actually had to Eat Pizza with a fork and a knife.

Nuovo Deep Dish Italiano (pictured above) - Italian Sausage, Roasted Vegetables and Chunky Tomato Sauce topped with Mozzarella, Ricotta and Fresh Basil just like the menu says, Did I like this ? Yes I did.


Guac, Chips & Dip - Well as the Menu says this is exactly what this appetizer is, Basically it is Guacamole, Chips and Dip consisting of Creamy Guacamole, multi-colored Tortilla Chips and Spicy Salsa Dip, exactly the type of thing you cannot stop picking at even realizing that the real Food is coming to your table shortly.


Burger Sliders - Cheddar Cheese topped mini Burgers served with "Ultimate Burger Sauce" but where was the Sauce ? it certainly passed me by but on the other hand I was too busy chowing down to notice even though I was in anticipation on trying said sauce as touted on the menu. 

Served with a Pickle.

OK, Who buys a Burger for the Sauce,... these were quite good.


Chicago Classic - Crumbled Sausage, Chunky Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella & Romano.


No comments:

Post a Comment