December 6, 2014

OTHER PEOPLE'S FOOD - CEVICHE - GUAYAQUIL, ECUADOR


The Plate Map courtesy of Maria

My friend Frank and his girlfriend Maria had some authentic Ceviche in the country that makes it the best and boy do I wish I could try this and someday I most certainly hope to. 

Pictured above is a smattering of various other dishes of the republic and boy do I hope to try these as well someday.



A glimpse of the Menu.


The storefront window I take it. This I am told is an out of the way place and as is the case with the best Foods available in any country this is the way to do it.


Ceviche On Parade, Just looking at that Shrimp makes my mouth water.

Ceviche is purportedly a Peruvian dish based on Seafood cured in Citrus Juice.


Ceviche flanked by Plantain Chips and Fresh Plantains.


I will have one of each please.

Let us hear from Frank who took these photos and lived the experience.

- On my last trip to Ecuador Maria and I had the pleasure of stopping at one of the best Cevicheria's in Guayaquil, "Aqui Esta Marcelo's"

The Ceviche was especially good, the place was packed. The walls were open to the street and I could see and hear downtown Guayaquil as I ate my Lunch. One thing that caught my attention was that I was the only "gringo" in the place... a good sign I was eating the best local Ceviche made by Ecuadorians for Ecuadorians who know good Ceviche. The Shrimp Ceviche I had was perfect. Not too tart, not bitter, and not too sweet. The Onions were Delicious and in perfect proportion to the rest of the dish, I could hardly taste them, adding only a fresh squeezed Lime and about 1 teaspoon of Ketchup. Perfect ...

SI CLARO

No comments:

Post a Comment