December 14, 2014

RAMEN SUMMIT - IVAN'S RAMEN/MOMOFUKU


My friend Yasuo was in town for two days and he graciously and generously invited me to Lunch at not one but two highly rated Ramen establishments. 

Now Yasuo certainly knows the deal when it comes to Ramen being a highly experienced Gourmand in the way of the Noodle and Broth so I was fortunate to receive training from The King Of Ramen himself.

Saturday's Lunch was at the "hot spot" Momofuku and we arrived one hour prior to opening in case a line formed outside and that is exactly what happened.

Pictured above is "Momofuku Ramen" which consists of Pork Belly, Pork Shoulder, Poached Egg, Soy Dashi Pork/Chicken Broth, two sheets of Nori and of course Ramen Noodles, the swirly discs are a type of fishcake.

The photos and Food descriptions in this entry are courtesy of Yasuo since frankly he takes better Food pics than I do and I am rather experienced myself.


Brisket Bun - Pickled Red Onion, Horseradish, Lettuce & Cucumber on a Bun.

This I enjoyed greatly but was almost full like a little girly man after just one, Absolutely Delicious yet still gearing up for the Ramen (pictured above).


Chicken Wings - Smoked Chicken Wings, Pickled Chili, Garlic & Scallions. 

These were Delicious and I took the leftovers "to go" even not being a "wing" guy.


Sunday's Lunch was at Ivan's Ramen and what an Outstanding experience this was, This Food was just Outstanding and when I say Outstanding I do mean Outstanding.

Amongst the Appetizer section sampled is and was as seen above "Kewpie Ebi" which is Fried Whole Prawns smothered in Kewpie Mayo, Smoked Chili and Lemon on a bed of Watercress, Oh My Gosh, Delicious.


Roast Pork Musubi - Roast Pork, Salted Plum Wasabi, Roasted Tomato, on Toasted Nori.

This was Just Oh My God, Delicious.


Tokyo Shoyu Ramen, Soy Sauce, Doshi, Chicken Broth, Char Siu, Egg, Enoki Mushroom Supplement, Rye Noodle in Broth with Umami.


In deep respect for my Ramen Sensei
Yasuo I already knew I was going to follow his lead in these proceedings but perusing the menu on the Ivan Ramen website the evening before Sunday Lunch I did spy this little item which intrigued me to no end so I swayed to the Bacon side of the Force and this was indeed Delicious, I was already "stuffed" from the little Appetizers but made sure to take the remainders to go.

BLT Mazemen - less broth, thicker Ramen Noodles, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Kewpie Mayo, Dashi & Whole Wheat Noodles.


Hitachino Nest Red Rice Beer - Belgian style Ale from Ibaraki, Japan.

Delicious.


Jedi Yasuo Kenobi and Padawan Spike selfie taken at Mos Eisley.


Yasuo's empty bowl, I am yet to learn but am grateful for the lessons I have learned.

Darth Yasuo's ratings.

Momofuku - 8/10
Ivan's Ramen 10/10





No comments:

Post a Comment