June 11, 2016

TONY'S PIZZERIA lll 5/27/16 Brooklyn, New York


So, my trek to sample every Slice that Tony's has to offer might be dwindling in everyday terms but this is somewhat of a pessimistic outlook, on the optimistic side,... WELL

I have yet to try a "Roll" or "Hero" from Tony's nor have I had a Pasta, Salad or Dinner Dishes as to me those are more "Home made" deliberations but I do bet Tony's makes a Mean Chicken Roll (as does my untried Frank & Sals) and I do look forward to my graduation in this area.

I will be venturing to Tony's in about six hours hence* in full knowledge that a White Slice and a Pepperoni Slice have yet to be procured.

* - it wound up being a Lasagna Slice tonight (6/15) for the strict reason of HOW COULD I PASS IT UP, they don't always have them (see entry ll for Lasagna Slice review).



5/27/16 - White Slice with Broccoli ($3.50) - This was an "extra" slice purchased on a Friday as opposed to our usual Wednesday sojourn. All that can be said is an exceptional White Slice with the addition of plain Broccoli (why Broccoli Rabe is not rampant in Pizzerias is beyond me) which makes a nice summer slice.


6/1/16 - Vodka Square ($3.50) - There was nothing negative about this yet I was nonplussed (actually the crust on the underbelly was overdone) but all the ingredients were in attendance and Delicious. Vodka Sauce, Mozzarella and a Drizzle of Olive Oil sprinkled with Basil. I am sampling all of my Slices "virgin style" but this would have been perfectly amped up with some Red Pepper or Garlic.


6/8/16 - The Carbonara Slice ($3.50) - And so it came to pass that the day finally happened (and I almost missed it as the Carbonara Slice was sharing a Pizza tray with some Bacon Ranch Slices that have a very similar look) that I bagged me an elusive Carbonara Slice.

Being a weekly regular customer and no stranger to small talk I had previously been recommended this Slice by the counterperson but kept missing it even after questioning on wether the Carbonara Slice was a frequented denizen of a particular day of the week to which the reply was "They just make it whenever they feel like it".

Knowing the wonders of Carbonara Sauce due to my proximity to Chef Sean and Chef Joe in years past I was indeed intrigued. Carbonara Sauce to my remembrance being Heavy Cream, Butter, Peas, BACON and possibly Sauteed Onions and/or Mushrooms.

Tony's Carbonara Slice was well worth the wait topped with Mozz, Bacon, EVOO and a Cream Sauce. No Peas but maybe some Butter and Boy Am I Not Complaining. Delicious.


6/15/16 - Got another Lasagna Slice, too good to pass up.


6/28/16 - The Pepperoni Slice -  This is indeed a Pepperoni Slice but a Damn Good One.


July 2016 - Cristina and I ordered for delivery from Tony's one night and this was achieved. Cristina got a Grilled Chicken Salad of which I have no photo of I am quite surprised but I had been "jonesing" for a Philly Cheesesteak Hero or "Roll", they didn't have the Rolls at that moment so I ordered a Hero which was just absolutely Excellent, I cannot sing their praises enough.


7/27/16 - Mushroom Pepperoni Slice -  I keep frequenting them wanting a "Roll" or even a "Beef Pattie" but the Pizza Slices constantly appear consisting of a different variation and I find it impossible to deny the experience.

As has been the climate on these entries not much to elaborate on.

A Brilliant Slice from Tony's topped with Pepperoni and Mushroom.


8/3/16 - Spinach Slice (thick crust) -  Done in the style of the most formidable Eggplant Slice on a thick Crust but this was a Spinach Slice.




No comments:

Post a Comment