June 7, 2016

SILVER STAR RESTAURANT 6/6/16 Brooklyn, New York



And a bed of Crispy Noodles to you sir.

Nothing new was sampled on this trip to Silver Star but I like to Pepper this here Food Blog several times a year with an entry here and there from one of my most favorite places. 

So far as newness goes, Cristina sampled some House Mustard on a Crispy Noodle and loved it,... told her so.

Not to stray from the subject but as an aside I was having a "procedure" done so chose Silver Star as one of my "Last Meal" choices hence the familiarity of the Dishes forthcoming.

and "Last Meal" it was not.


Glorious Won Ton Soup done the proper American Chinese way. 

Cannot be beaten especially compared to the state of Brooklyn Asian Cuisine these days,... actually this trend of crappy chinese food across America has reached critical mass, yes its mostly all crappy.

Not this bowl though, makes me want some right now.

Proper Thick Western Wonton, Roasted Pork Slices, Bok Choy and Wonton Broth.


The game plan for today was to go for Indian Food but since that did not work out we chose SILVER STAR, plan B which was scheduled a few days hence but in a clairvoyant haze as I was at my doctors appointment in anticipation for Indian Food I was also pre-anticipating in my minds eye during all that "sittingaroundandwaitingwithonlyyourthoughtsforcompany" the future scheduled appointment with Silver Star which filled me with thoughts of dipping a Crunchy and Oily Shrimp Toast into a welcoming mini-cauldron of House Mustard.

And so it came to pass.


Roast Pork Chow Mein - This to me always ran neck in neck with the I am supposing more popular Chicken Chow Mein and to me is just as good. On a complete 50/50 level I find it impossible to pick a favorite.

Rather simple, everything is exactly the same excepting for the Meat on top.



"Second Mein Same As The First"

Chicken Chow Mein - Cannot be beat (only matched by the Roast Pork Chow Mein) and can I ever truly take and have as many photos of this dish, the answer is a clear NO.

This is the Lunch Special portion.




No comments:

Post a Comment