October 19, 2014

BEEF PATTY - QUEEN OF THE STREETS


P-A-TT-Y, P-A-TT-Y, Beef Patty, Beef Patty !!!

There are Foods made to eat in the gutter and the Beef Empanada ($ 1.50) is amongst them as far as New York City Street Food goes, the Dirty Water Hot Dog and Pizza Slice is amongst this nomenclature but so is the Beef Pattie & Bagel and Amen to that.

A Bite to go in a fast paced world.

The Beef Empanada (Pattie) seems to be from a Jamaican descent but I have yet to look up its history of which I shall report in the next paragraph. What is it though ?, well its a kind of a finely Ground Meat encased in a thinly multi layered Dough (like Filo or Croissant) which appears to be doused in the drippings of the Meat encased. Might not sound so great but they are Delicious.

OK, Now I will do some sleuthing A La The Real Story.

The Empanada has a Rich history dating back to Spain in the 1500s (see link below) but when I was in a Deli I had to ask for it literally three times by its proper name (well maybe he wasn't Spanish), finally the guy figured me out and said "Beef Patty" I nodded in approval, PHEW.

WIKIPEDIA EMPANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment