October 9, 2014

NOT ONLY BAGELS - Mexican Food - Brooklyn, New York


BURRITO ($6.00) - Really Good, Maybe Too Much Chicken which is never a complaint and there is Tomato which I somehow missed (see details below). A very simple Burrito made in an authentic place, the Avocado is really kicking it up in a great way. Rice is Perfect. No Hot Sauce and a very Mild Burrito but this can be easily remedied, Salsa should have been offered on the side but was not, barely a complaint, I am sure I could have asked. I might ask for more Beans but the Avocado makes up for it, good Flour Tortilla as well and wrapped perfectly, served in wax paper style where they cut it in half in the paper but done just right.

It was only several weeks ago that I saw my local Bagel store were expanding to make Burritos and other prepared foods now, up until then it was Taco's and Torta's. The sight lines to the Grill are nigh impossible but I found a spot (feeling a bit of an untrusting jerk) and watched as she did everything right, Chicken Grilling, Tortilla heating, then a slathering of something, was it Guacamole ? (it was Refried Beans), Lettuce on top, Spanish Rice on top, Avocado on top, Chicken on top and expertly wrapped as a Burrito but where was the Tomato ?, well that got by me because there is Tomato, I was also asked if I wanted Sour Cream and of course I gave a resounding YES.


ENCHILADA & TACOS - These were Joe's so I can't say first hand but they got no complaints from him and he is more a Gourmand than I am, they certainly look fantastic.


STEAK QUESADILLA - Nothing wrong with this at all but I got confused with a Chimichanga which I will assume they don't make since I believe there is no Deep Fryer on premises. Not my favorite of Mexican dishes but these were completely Delicious.


11/9/14 - CHICKEN TOSTADA ($2.75) - And Packed with White Meat Pollo, Diced Tomatoes & Lettuce also garnished with Sour Cream and the Smoky Hot Sauce.


Joe with his entry for Chicarrone of the year for the Guinness Book of World Records.





No comments:

Post a Comment