August 25, 2013

PANCHO'S RESTAURANT 8/24/13 - Brooklyn, New York


Homeade Food, Quaint Atmosphere and Reasonable Prices makes Pancho's my favorite Brooklyn Mexican Eatery. You can Dine Al Fresco in the festively painted walled in backyard area or up front in the Dining room surrounded by Groceries and Soda machines, Perfect (all sarcasm aside).

Jamie, Joe and myself sauntered over for Dinner after some Delicious Cocktails at Joe's on this Saturday evening and opened with an order of Guacamole and Tomatillo ($4.00) (pictured above). To drink we all got Jarritos (made with Sugar and no high Fructose Corn Syrup) Soda. Joe and me got the Lime rendition but Jamie got the Mandarin (Mandarina) Orange Flavor which tasted just like Orange PEZ, I have since bought a 1.5 Litros bottle that sits in my fridge as we speak.


Jamie got the Enchilada's but they did screw up her order as she had requested a Cheese Enchilada which was absent but the Enchilada count remained the same (3 for $9.00)


Joe's Taco order was also incorrect concerning which Mole sauce on which Taco but once again with Food this good it was not worth sending it back (back, back to 1967 on Venice Beach) (3 for $7.50)


I am going down the Menu and trying Everything, This time it was the Bistec (Steak) Chilaquiles ($6.00) and we all agreed that the Rice and Beans were done to perfection, The Chilaquiles were Tortilla Chips bathed in Red Salsa topped with Lettuce, Sour Cream and Cheese (not sure what kind of Queso).


Possibly the Largest Pork Rind known to man (or woman) was for sale on the counter, This must have measured 8x15", as a reference the "soup" container pictured behind this is a Quart size of which contained the Real Deal Chicaronnes (Pork Rind) and I regret not purchasing it. I did though ask about the glass rooster they used to have on display and showed our chefette' my photo via iPhone. Her reply was "it's in a box somewhere" which is fine by me, with food like this let the rooster crow happily and with a full belly.


Photo of "Said" Rooster from 2011/2012.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this place, I love my Mexican grub. That pork rind is nuts, ha!

    ReplyDelete