August 20, 2013

RAMEN BURGER 8/19/13 Him & Her Cafe - Brooklyn, New York


With all the Hype, Hoopla and Hyperbole building up on the social network which we will for argument's sake call Facebook it was impossible not to be intrigued by the tales of long lines queueing from 6 a.m. to sample a Ramen Burger that sold out every weekend at these outdoor Food Fest's on both the East and West Coast's. This also seems an intriguing marriage of the Beef and Noodle species and made many a Foodie ponder for a minute or two how the Ramen Bun was held together successfully.

My experience was anticlimactic, I did not get the "Official" Ramen Burger but a "knockoff"

Notwithstanding the "knockoff" can not be that far off from the "Official" RB and it tasted just like one might think it would. Ramen Noodles and Burger Pattie (possibly Fried in a little Teryaki Sauce) with Lettuce.


The window ad that beckoned me hither just a short block from my apartment.


For Display Purposes Only (we can hope).


I was most excited about the Special Sauce for my Burger only to find it was a SOLO cup of Ketchup for the Fries. Why Fries ? To add Starch on Starch ? I will never know.


Decided to be "Adventurous" and added an Exotic Chinese Drink to my order (which came with a free drink) but this was not your average fare as in a COKE so was charged fifty cents more. Totally out of sync with my western taste buds, smelled and tasted like Sugar Wafers, Down the drain it went. BLECCCHHH.


Just a block from my house and catered towards the Chinese community.

1 comment:

  1. Wow on the ramen burger! Has this cafe always been there? I don't remember it being there 15 years ago...

    ReplyDelete