August 6, 2013

FRITTER AND WASTE THE HOURS IN AN OFF HAND WAY - THE 7/11 DONUT SHOPPE


If I hold any criticism at all for 7/11's Apple Fritter it may just be that it's Too Sweet and that's not the worst thing especially if your having one of these with a cup of Joe or glass of Cold Milk. My humorous experience last night concerned me standing there for maybe a good 10 minutes trying to get the plastic baggie open to place my two Fritters in only to finally be handed a wholly different baggie from their night shift employee and told I was trying to open the single layer plastic wrap you use to grab the Donut off the shelf, "DOH!!!"

A few years back my friend Sean mentioned to me that 7/11 had a really good Glazed Donut so we stopped off and grabbed a few (2 for a buck) and they were Fresh and lightly doughy and once again maybe a little Too Sweet but Absolutely Delicious of the high "Krispy Kreme" order, a year or so later I stopped in to get one and saw the Apple Fritter which basically trump's a Donut in my book nine times out of ten and I was not disappointed at all. Whomever 7/11 is outsourcing these Donuts from is doing a great job.


The Donut station. Of note the Pecan Danish in position 2 also looks outstanding.


Return of the cross section of the Fritter.











Seven Eleven Two a.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment