July 30, 2016

TOOLS OF THE TRADE - THE GRILL PAN


It started off as a route to veer Cristina away from squandering money on take out Food. 12 dollars a pop for a mere Grilled Chicken Salad is the going rate but when the same can be prepared at home for a vast fraction of the price the looting bin shall become vanquished.



I learned of "seasoning" a pan and this was an entirely new concept to me but season I did. Nearly thwarted with caution of smoke and stench I placed a fan in the kitchen to postpone calamity. 

No calamity ensued.

This important step completed I was ready to cook.


Marinated in a base of Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil this came out quite a wonder and I knew this just from looking at it during preparation.


CROUTONS,CROUTONS,CROUTONS.

I asked Cristina just what was in an Italian style Grilled Chicken Salad as the Restaurants do and was informed Grilled Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, Italian Croutons (caesar style), Caesar Salad Dressing and as a plus Bermuda Onion.

This worked out gangbusters and I consumed the entire plate in record time, will I have this again ?

A resounding (in Jon Anderson's timbre) YES.


Next up and only a day after the Grilled Chicken Salad was prepared a bit of Top Sirloin for some home made Steak Fajita's. Seasoned in Olive Oil, Lime and Dry Spices.


STEAK FAJITA on a Flour Tortilla.


Asian - Thinly Sliced Chicken Cutlet Marinated in Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Honey, Diced Garlic and a Dash of Soy Sauce. Cristina said this will come out Sweet with a Zing and it did but not so sweet, the Sesame Oil is quite overpowering, this was Delicious.


I started off some Sausages in the Grill Pan and finished them off in the Oven to Pan Fry some Sausage and Peppers.


A pre-Cheesed Burger.





No comments:

Post a Comment