July 19, 2016

TACO BELL - You Want It, You Buy It


The Beefy Fritos Burrito ($3.39) is what I ordered but my receipt is marked Beef Burrito Supreme ($3.99) which comes to $4.34 after tax, maybe they got my order wrong but while still Delicious prices have skyrocketed at The Bell.


From what I recall Taco Bell only migrated to New York City sometime in the early 1990's (just after Crush Soda) but their influence was long and far and I was chomping at the bit (or in this case the Taco) to savor its offers and savor I did. Tales were told of the fifty cent Fast Food Taco and I wanted in.

Used to be (after the migration) that you could get a Crunchy Taco for about 79 cents and during sales campaigns two for a buck, then it went up to 99 cents, then $1.19 but now to my amazement a Crunchy Beef Taco is $2.79 !!!

I never took economics in school and I do understand the concept of inflation but is this not a bit inflated ?


My receipt showing the numbers.

Will I continue to Eat at The Bell ?

Hells Yeah !!!


After using my internet Taco Bell location finder I find myself excitedly poised for a 10 minute walk to the nearest location.


I spy with my little eye something beginning with the letter "T"


"It's coming right at us !!!"


E.T.A. - 4 seconds


The Prep Station

Where the magic happens folks.


Like Clint Eastwood in "The Unforgiven" I quietly sat and enjoyed my Burrito wondering where the "Frito's" were at all, another hypothesis confirming that the counter person probably got my order wrong.


Afterwards a crowd of fans awaited me outside of Madison Square Garden.

Taco Bell, prices or not.

I will always Love You.



No comments:

Post a Comment