July 2, 2016

SILVER STAR RESTAURANT - Celebrations and Ghost Train Haze - 7/2/16 Brooklyn, New York


The obligatory Quarterly (or more than) posting concerning Silver Star Restaurant.

Here we see a quartet of Dem Sem in their natural habitat generously enrobed in Oyster Sauce and adorned with Diced Scallion.

Today was a farewell party for Charlie (moving away) and a survival party for me (positive medical news) and we got our wires crossed as to the "Why" because above all this was a chance to get together at one of our favorite culinary places since childhood.


BARBECUED SPARE RIBS - 

Silver Star is widely known for their greatness in tackling this Porkalicious Dish of staggering Tastiness and it is done oh so right, my only regret is I forgot to dip my Wib into some House Duck Sauce but these are so Scrumptiously Juicy and overflowing with Flavor that I did not even notice or consider this fact until nearly 24 hours later.

Perfection in Ribs.


After our Soup selection we meandered amongst conversation and appetizers. 
What with the place getting exponentially crowded by the second (see video below) the service slacked in pace to no complaints from us as there was Dem Sem, Ribs and the Classic Chicken In Foil to be had.



The Chicken In Foil.


"Why did you switch off your targeting computer"


We were plenty full from the appetizers and conversation about "Fawlty Towers" (actually that came later) but Cristina & I could not exit without a Taste of Chicken Chow Mein and Pork Fried Rice as only they make it to my knowledge. 

I really must return to Wo Hop very soon to compare.


Cristina's Hot & Sour Soup and my Wonton Soup, Jamie & Charlie also had Wonton as the first dish on the table as we perused our menu's.


Charlie & the Ghost.


The Wrecking Crew - (L to R) some guy, Jamie, Kenny and Charlie.

All sporting t-shirts that RULE and of course Kenny in a Classy.


All Heaven Broke Loose.



The Video titles speak for themselves.



He speaks Wisdoms.


7/12/16 - Silver Star to go (just over a week later) - A plethora of the "must haves" even though Cristina and I did skimp on the Pork Fried Rice this time. Chicken Chow Mein, Roast Pork Lo Mein, White Rice, Hot & Sour Soup and Dem Sem but there was a newer player on the team this night of which I am a longtime fan but had never tried from Silver Star.

I knew they wouldn't let me down, most Delicious Roast Pork with Bean Sprouts I may have ever had.




No comments:

Post a Comment