February 10, 2015

CHEESY CHICKEN BEAN DIP/SPOON NACHOS


No one ever said Refried Beans were particularly photogenic, not even Mrs. Refried Bean but they are Quite Delicious and these are the canned kind from Goya which speaks volumes of their Greatness.

Pictured above was my second attempt at Bean Dip with some Ingredients thrown in literally to jazz things up but mainly I had to use up a Bermuda Onion and Tomato and had some Chicken Cutlets taking up room in the Freezer as well as a Huge open bag of Tortilla Chips. 

Bean Dip should be mostly Bean but thus far its about fifty fifty if not sixty Stuff and forty Beans, Still Quite Tasty, heck I ate it two days in a row, tonight with Pita Bread and last night, well,... 

lets check that out below.


On the train ride home I concocted the Chip brained scheme to make a Nachos you can eat with a spoon idea and a Lot of Chips go a little ways as I found out after crushing them up accordingly.


Step 1 - Crush a bunch of Chips and place in a microwave safe bowl (if you plan on heating these up which I highly recommend). I put mine in a plastic bag, after all part of the reason I wanted to eat with a spoon is so I don't get all that Cheese Powder on my fingers.

A plain unflavored Tortilla Chip would work better but I had Nacho Cheese Flavor on hand and lots of them as in 11 ounces worth (heck, they were on sale).


Step 2 - You don't want a bowl of crushed Tortilla Chips with everything on top so I decided to layer my concoction.

Atop Chip layer one (of 2) as you feel fit, I used Refried Beans, Cheddar Cheese, Bermuda Onion and Hot Pepper Slices then topped with more Chips.


Step 3 - Atop the second layer of Chips I placed Diced Chicken Breast, Cheddar Cheese, Diced Tomato and Bermuda Onion.

Afterwards I realized I forgot the Hot Sauce, this I added afterwards and wound up stirring the mixture up quite a bit anyways.

Microwave for at least 2 minutes, if all the ingredients have been refrigerated overnight you might want to double that time. 

I wish I had some Sour Cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment