September 17, 2014

GYRO IT BABY 9/14/14


Amongst the mortal species called humankind there are many concerns in Life. 

Health, Happiness, Love, Security, Peace of mind and of course a really good Gyro. 

The other week I awoke with Gyro on my mind, I bet I even dreamed of it but it was the other week and Dreams like Gossamer wither away like clouds, preferably clouds made of Gyros.

I pondered for awhile on where my nearest Gyro spot was and to no avail, possibly on fifth avenue and 86th street but the bus fare alone would almost surpass the price of the Gyro intended. After work one evening I was dumbstruck, my local corner store of which I have frequented for years does simple sandwiches includinding a Chicken one and a BANG !!! The Gyro, Idiot I am !!!, so I got my first Gyro from my local place ($5.00), there was even a Big sign in the window that said "GYROS"

This as pictured above is the Gyro Meat of the frozen kind but I was quite pleased, typically its Meat, Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber Dressing (or so I believe) but my man also added sliced Onions and as opposed to the street fare there was 2 or maybe 3 of the Lamb slices instead of just one.


9/20/14 - Fort Hamilton Diner - ($5.50) Not as good as my corner store, actually not even close but still passable and once again maybe 2 or 3 Lamb slices. This being a Greek Diner as most are they should be ashamed of themselves, however the Tzatziki sauce was served in a solo cup on the side, this was a good sign and they "gave" Coleslaw.


9/18/14 - Anonymous Food Cart - This is not quite a Gyro but it is the same base Ingredients. This is Lamb Over Rice ($7.00) That I purchased after having my face melted off post King Crimson at the Best Buy Theater in Times Square and it was done just right, I asked for Extra Sauce and Extra Hot Sauce, I guess thats what I got, The cart guy was friendly and so was I. The Rice is underneath folks, hence "Over Rice".

No comments:

Post a Comment