September 14, 2013

MOON CAKES


Not being a big fan of Chinese Cakes I usually would not be so bold to "poot" forth So the Moon Cakes were a rather daunting expedition due to my western tongue literally (this translates into Taste Buds). I sauntered into my local Pork Bun/Bakery Shoppe craving a Steamed Pork Bun of which they were "Sold Out" but purchased a Strawberry Cake instead but while I was standing there an employee walked by carting a huge bakery kiosk of sweet smelling cake. Making small talk with the small asian girl behind the counter I said said "mmm,.. smells good what is that" and she replied "Moon Cake, you wanna buy some ?" without batting an eyelash or taking a half a breath I said "Oh, Moon Cake, Very Famous, no thank you". Upon reflection I realized that I know what a Moon Cake is only from playing Angry Bird - Seasons so it was quite humorous to me.

My Humor did get the best of me though, a few days later I went back and bought a variety pack of Moon Cakes (6 for $8.00) and was quickly explained what the flavors were but then went back again a day or two later so I could write down the flavors so I could describe them for my memory and on this very BLOG here. Here is my synopsis.

11/21/13 - I could not eat them, Too Dense and Sweet for me, Apologies.




Upon my return for Flavor description I once again asked for a Steamed Pork Bun but once again they were out but they did have the "Chinese Sausage" Bun of which I purchased one, I then went down the block and did attain my Steamed Pork Bun and Lo and Behold the waitress said "Buy one Get one Free" so I was in Porkish Bun Heaven, These were made wit Roast Pork (and fat) as opposed to Shredded Pork so the lines are being blurred these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment